Research Administrators can be proactive when it comes to helping faculty keep informed about funding opportunities that match their research interests. As a Research Administrator, there are several things you can do to assist your faculty with this effort.
1) Help your faculty make best use of the Community of Science (COS) Resource:
Working as a part of a team, as a Research Administrator you can help the faculty in your unit keep informed about possible funding opportunities that arise that match their research interests in several ways. For example,
- Tracking faculty members use of the Community of Science website
- Establishing a system for annual reminders for your faculty to update their COS profiles, and
- Encouraging new faculty members to enroll in the COS database.
2) Help your faculty keep informed about research developments that are taking place in the College of Human Medicine. You can do this by serving as the information liaison between your Department Faculty and the CHM Research Office. How?
- Keep up to date on the contents of the CHM Research Newsletter and keep your ears open to research developments within your department that we could feature in an upcoming issue.
- Serve as a communication liaison for the Research Office to your unit. When you have a faculty member that needs assistance that the Research Office can offer, let us know or refer them to us.