We are a student organization dedicated to introducing students to medical research and it's impact in the modern clincal setting. Students at all levels of research experience are welcome.
S.R.I.G. is a great way to connect to research projects at CHM and MSU with advisors willing to help you. Our meetings serve as a forum to discuss project ideas, as well as to learn about and network with students and faculty members conducting research. Meetings often include a presentation by a researcher.
Finding a Mentor:
- The S.R.I.G. is a great way to connect to research projects at CHM and MSU with advisors willing to help you every step of the way.
Ways to get involved:
- Monthly presentations with a guest speaker where students share their research experiences.
- S.R.I.G. Journal Club: Monthly student presentations of recent research and its implications to clinical medicine.
- Medical Student Research Journal: A student run online medical research journal.
- Lansing Community Research Day: A yearly showcase of Lansing area research where students are invited to present their work.
- Grand Rapids Medical Education Partners (GRMEP) Research Day: Students, residents, physicians and faculty from the Grand Rapids community present their research findings in April of each year.
- FAME Community Research Forum: Collaborative research event in Flint sponsored by the MSU Flint Area Medical Education (FAME), Genesys Regional Medical Center, Hurley Medical Center, and McLaren-Flint. Occurs in April-May of each year.
Please feel free to contact us: